The WASP is an innovative but simple monitoring system designed to protect emergency service workers and members of the public.
It is the world’s first digital monitoring system created specially to assist emergency services workers and keep them safe in a variety of scenarios.
The WASP, or Warning Alarm for Stability Protection, attaches to any surface in any position and provides an early warning of movement and vibration providing protection from:
- Collapsed structures
- Road traffic collisions
- Trench rescues
- Shoring systems movement
- Structural fires
- Internal breach operations
- Dangerous building structures following fire / flood or other incidents
The WASP was conceived by experienced fire fighter and International Search and Recuse specialist Matt Keogh in conjunction with UK industry leading monitoring experts DATUM
It provides a welcome substitute to traditional methods of monitoring potential movement and removes the potential for human error.
The WASP can detect movement from 0° to 2.6° and / or vibration from 0.5hz to 100hz.
The WASP’s magnetic base provides for quick and easy attachment to metal – and is supplied with a variety of attachments to provide fixings to glass, metal, concrete and other structures.
It means emergency service personnel can concentrate on the task working safely in areas of extreme pressure.
WASP Key Features and Benefits:
- Portable and light weight with rapid deployment
- User programmable SMART functions
- Configurable alarm settings
- Hardwearing impact resistant composite body
- Magnetic base for rapid site deployment
- Audio and visual alarms for any scenario
- Simple standardised operating procedure
- Applicable to a wide range of emergency scenarios